We provide our team members with an active climate for growth, fostered and encouraged by guidance from the management team. Consequently, team members are able to take advantage of numerous opportunities for both professional and personal growth. We are always considering new positions for tax professionals, engineering and construction personnel, and business development specialists who are experienced in specialized tax projects.
Current Opening: Cost Segregation Engineer
We are seeking a self-motivated, detailed Cost Segregation Staff Engineer to join a firm with known cost segregation industry leaders and established national relationships.
- Correspond directly with clients, virtually and in person (e.g., CPAs, CFOs, business owners, and property managers).
- Demonstrate a professional level of organization and communication across all teams, offices, networks.
- Analyze construction documents: cost ledgers, blueprints, general contractor payment applications, depreciation schedules and overall fixed assets.
- Analyze acquisition documents: purchase and sale agreements, closing statements, property appraisals, inspection reports and ability to retrieve publicly accessible property records.
- Perform on-site property inspections to identify all qualifying assets for accelerated depreciation, take measurements and site photographs to make accurate takeoff estimations.
- Assign accurate tax allocations using industry-approved methods to deliver cost estimates to include a professional cost segregation report supporting the findings of the study.
- Engage in business development activities (e.g., market research, benefit estimates and proposals and attending industry conferences where applicable).
- Work with Company Practice Leaders, Business Developers and team members in person and remotely throughout the Company.
- Perform cost estimating and quantity take-offs from various forms of construction cost estimating and valuation tools and databases, including the ability analyze and comprehend project drawings, floorplans and ALTA surveys.
- Seek to obtain advanced credentialing during your career at ICS Tax (i.e., Member or CCSP of the ASCSP).
Qualifications to include, but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, construction management, engineering (e.g., Construction, electrical, mechanical, civil, accounting, finance, business, or another technical field)
- Technical foundation, construction, engineering or accounting preferred but on-the-job training is provided to further the basic understanding in any one or all disciplines
- Ability to decipher blueprints, construction cost details, and estimated measurements
- Strong mathematical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel both locally and nationally, anywhere from 0-30% of the time
- Able to work independently and across teams in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance
- Unlimited paid time off, holidays
- Opportunities for career growth
- Competitive salaries