ALASKA R&D TAX CREDIT
Alaska provides a state R&D Tax Credit equal to 18% of the federal credit.
- Qualified research expenses is the same as the federal definition
- Qualified activities can bee conducted anywhere within the United States.
- Federal-based credits may offset Alaska’s AMT only after Alaska incentive credits are applied.
- Unused federal credits may be carried back 1 year and forward for up to 20 years.
- The company must file Alaska Form 6390, Alaska federal-based credits along with its state tax return.
WHAT IS THE R&D TAX CREDIT?
The R&D tax credit is a tax incentive that rewards taxpayers for increasing investment in U.S.-based research activities. The R&D tax credit is available to businesses that uncover new, improved or technologically advanced products, processes, principles, methodologies or materials. In addition to “revolutionary” activities, the credit may also be available if the company has performed “evolutionary” activities such as investing time, money and resources toward improving its products and processes.
» R&D Tax Credit Background
HOW CAN WE HELP?
ICS Tax can prepare all necessary documentation to support the credit, calculate both the Federal and Alaska R&D Tax Credit amount, and draft necessary compliance. We’ll also help support your R&D Tax Credit study during an IRS audit.
CAN YOU CLAIM THE R&D TAX CREDIT IN ALASKA?
ICS can analyze your research activities and calculate your potential state and federal research credits.
» Request a Proposal